An Updated Toolkit of Strategies and Tactics
|FREE Online MILE Guide Assessment
Access this FREE online self-assessment survey to plot where your district is today and set your course for integrating 21st century learning into your systems. Get started now!
Get the MILE Guide for 21st Century Skills IN PRINT. $10.00 per copy, does not include shipping. Learn about available discounts and place your order.
|Download Center (Free)|
Nearly six years ago, the Partnership for 21st Century Skills released its signature toolkit, the MILE Guide for 21st Century Skills: Milestones for Improving Learning and Education. Today, this toolkit has been revised and updated to reflect new realities and the P21 Framework for Education.
Guidance and Support for Ongoing Improvement
How does the MILE Guide help states, districts and schools implement and support 21st century skills initiatives?
- Generate broad-based support for 21st century skills initiatives through step-by-step establishment of a compelling vision for 21st century teaching and learning.
- Set benchmarks and goals with assessments to help administrators, teachers, and policy leaders to identify current progress on 21st century skills initiatives and define next steps.
- Generate successful grant applications through identifying and prioritizing objectives as they seek funding via grants and other sources.
- Ensure continuous progress through providing improvement rubrics to monitor activities and accomplishments.
A Comprehensive, Coherent Toolkit for Progress
Offering a variety of tools all designed to work together, the new MILE Guide includes:
- The MILE Guide Self-Assessment Tool
A visual mapping and self-assessment tool that allows districts to plot where they are today and set a course for future integration of 21st century skills into systems of learning.
- Implementation Guiding Recommendations
A set of district-relevant recommendations and promising practices to help local districts move from assessment of 21st century skills integration to concrete action.
- P21 Framework Definitions
The most up-to-date P21 Framework definitions that spell out expectations for 21st century student outcomes and the necessary support systems at the state and local levels.