The Partnership for 21st Century Skills is a national organization that advocates for 21st century readiness for every student. As the United States continues to compete in a global economy that demands innovation, P21 and its members provide tools and resources to help the U.S. education system keep up by fusing the 3Rs and 4Cs (Critical thinking and problem solving, Communication, Collaboration, and Creativity and innovation). While leading districts and schools are already doing this, P21 advocates for local, state and federal policies that support this approach for every school. Learn more about the Partnership and the Framework for 21st Century Learning.
Catch up on the P21 Blog: Connecting the 21st Century Dots: From Policy to Practice
Each month, Jim Bellanca invites two prominent educators to respond to a driving question about 21st Century Skills.
Upcoming P21 Presentations & Appearances:
- The Implementation Challenges of 21st Century Education: 7 Steps for Schools and Districts - EdLeader21 Webinar Series, Register for Step 2 - Create a Community Consensus Featuring Ken Kay (EdLeader21) & Helen Soule (P21), 6/6 3pm EST
- The Cable Show: An A-Plus for Broadband: Taking the LEAD on Educational Technology - Dr. Steve Paine will present on panel moderated by Frank Gallagher, 6/12, 11:30 am
- PTA National Convention: Supporting 21st Century Learning in Schools and Communities, Dr. Helen Soule and Frank Gallagher, 6/22, 12:30pm
- P21 will be on Education Talk Radio to talk about the Exemplar Program, 6/24, 10:30am
- Education Talk Radio - P21 Member Goddard Schools will be on the air 6/26, 12pm
- Partnership for Global Learning Annual Conference - Global Learning for All - The Power of the 4Cs, Dr. Steve Paine, 6/28, 9am
Washington, DC – April 2, 2013 – The Partnership for 21st Century Skills (P21) welcomes the addition of two new nonprofit members to the leading national organization advocating for 21st century readiness for every student. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF and Destination Imagination announced they are joining P21’s Strategic Council.
Working with Bicameral & Bipartisan Effort to Prepare Students for 21st Century Economy
Washington, D.C.– February 12, 2013 - The Partnership for 21st Century Skills (P21), the leading organization advocating for 21st century readiness for every student, applauds U.S. Representatives Tom Petri (R-WI), Dave Loebsack (D-IA), and U.S. Senator Kay Hagan (D-NC) for their continued commitment to advancing the 21st Century Readiness Acts in the new 113th Congress and today asked for support of that legislation from other leaders in the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives.
Washington, D.C.– February 4, 2013 - The Partnership for 21st Century Skills (P21), the leading organization advocating for 21st century readiness for every student, and the Pearson Foundation, today announced the launch of the 21st Century Learning Exemplar Program, a new collaborative effort to identify and document exemplary 21st century learning practices that are improving student learning in classrooms and communities across the United States.
Partnership Boosts Effort to Prepare Teachers to Support 21st Century Learning
Washington, D.C.– January 30, 2013 - The Partnership for 21st Century Skills (P21) welcomes the addition of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards to the leading national organization advocating for 21st century readiness for every student. Ron Thorpe, National Board president and CEO, will represent the organization on P21’s Strategic Council.